Design & Methodology
The MOVE AMS system is built on the back of the Zenith Transport Model, which predicts movement of a population as they go about their day to day business.
By itself this isn't sufficient information to adequately measure Out-of-Home (OOH) audience, so significant enhancements have been made to Zenith to produce the Zenith for Outdoor system. The Outdoor system combines a comprehensive travel and transport model in association with discrete environmental models to model audience interaction with OOH faces of a variety of formats.
The key enhancement provided by Zenith for Outdoor are:
- Specialised models for special destinations such as airports, rail stations, bus terminals and shopping centres
- Population synthesis to provide rich demographic information
- Reach and Frequency modelling to analyse people's behaviour over time instead of on a single day
- Visibility adjustment modelling to determine a person's Likelihood To See (LTS) rather than their Opportunity To See (OTS)
- Airport Model
- Station Model
- Shopping Centre Model
- Reach and Frequency Model
The Airport Model was based upon a 12 month online survey which tracked the travel behaviour of 5,000 people living within a given market and visiting domestic and/or international airports.
Visitors were divided into travellers and non-travellers as they exhibited different travel behaviour based on their purpose of journey. Those meeting and greeting passengers, for instance, would not have access to advertising faces beyond the airport security gates in international terminals.
A number of attractors at airport terminals were used to determine the flow of audiences past these advertising faces. These included:
- Check-in counters
- Security screening
- Retail areas
- Baggage claim
- Taxi ranks
- Club lounges
- Food courts
- Airport entrances
- Arrival/departure gates
The MOVE AMS is a world leader in the variety of formats that it provides coverage for. The formats currently supported by MOVE are:
- Billboards over 25 square metres, including supersites and spectaculars.
- Billboards 25 square metres and under, including posters.
- Bus and tram shelters.
- Bus and tram externals
- Kiosks and free standing panels.
- Railway/bus stations.
- Bus and tram internals.
Retail / Lifestyle
- Shopping Centres
Importantly, due to it's modular nature, the MOVE AMS system is open to extension and research on incorporating additional formats into the system is planned in the future.